Thursday, August 27, 2015

Victory!

I got out of bed! My alarm may have gone off at 5:10, I may have snoozed until 5:25, and I may have even dozed while sitting upright in bed until around 5:35, but I finally got back out there! I also may have gotten out the door before I realized that I had completely forgotten to pull my hair back. And I may have dropped the brush on the counter, and it may have then fallen on the bathroom scale, all of which was very loud and woke up my husband...

I could have sworn I had run at least a few mornings in the past 3 weeks- I guess some of them were while I was out of town. But holy cow it was dark out! And I nearly walked into the web of a monster spider. I went back to take a picture when I was done, but it was gone. Probably for the best. I had an irrational fear that the flash would make it angry, and maybe it would attack me somehow.

I don't know if anyone uses the knuckle lights? But I'm going to have to bust mine out tomorrow morning if I make it out of bed. I really like mine. I've found that I only need one to run with. Which is good because somehow the other one got knocked into the washer, so I'm not sure it works.

I also had another small victory this morning on the scale. I had VERY recently recommitted myself to trying to get on the weight loss bandwagon. So far that has just meant that I logged back in to myfitnesspal,com. I put in everything I eat- but that hasn't stopped me from eating. Yet somehow I have managed to drop 3 lbs this week. It's probably water weight- that is too much too fast to be much else.

Unfortunately (for my weight, not for my tastebuds) I am going out with co-workers to lunch and a baseball game this afternoon, and then possibly out to dinner with friends. I am such a picky eater is it incredibly hard for me to find a healthy out-to-eat meal. And how can I go to a game an NOT get nachos? And these thoughts are how I got into the situation I am in- where I need to drop another 40 lbs if not more.

I am currently down 46 lbs. This has not been a steady drop. This has taken a few years, with big spurts and then no movement. I can at least say proudly I haven't gained it back (except for that part where I had a child and went nuts eating Captain Crunch). That drop has been the difference between me shopping at Lane Bryant and being able to simply walk into any store and pull something off the rack. And while I can say now that I am capable of eating in a way that at least allows me to maintain my weight, or maybe even lose a little, it is the running that allows me to see real progress in weight loss.

My next race is another 10K - the Panerathon Cincinnati. http://www.runningtime.net/Races/PanerathonCinti/home.htm  I have to stay on top of running if I have any hope of performing as well at this race as I did at the Little Miami race.

I am running to lose weight, I am running to be in better shape. I don't know if I want to get faster or go further yet. It is something I really need to think about.

8/27 Running: 3.05 miles, 39:28

No comments:

Post a Comment